• Private patients: I am not taking private patients at this time.
• Scheduling: If you are a current or prospective patient with scheduling concerns, please contact the clinic where you see me. I am not able to reschedule you myself. Last-minute cancellations or rescheduling are subject to the cancellation policy of the clinic in question.
• Emergencies: In case of a medical or psychiatric emergency, please call 911 or go to the nearest emergency room. Email and voicemail communications may be delayed and are not advised for urgent or emergent matters.
• Routine messages & refills: For routine clinical matters (such as medication refills), please leave a voicemail on my office phone with your name, date of birth, the number of your pharmacy, and the medication in question: 310-794-0619 x 227. Please be aware that Schedule II medications such as stimulants and opiates require a security prescription script and cannot be called in. I normally check voicemail at least once daily on business days and return calls by the end of the next business day. Please check the UCLA academic calendar for holidays observed by the university and most of the clinics.
• Voicemail: If you want me to call you back, please tell me whether I can leave a message on your voicemail.
• Urgent messages: For urgent matters that cannot wait until the next business day, please have me paged through the UCLA Page Operator: 310-825-6301.
• Coordination of care: If you are a current or former patient and you wish me to speak with your other healthcare providers, or you are a current provider for one of my patients and you wish to discuss coordination of care, please fax me a signed Authorization for Release of Information at 424-652-2213. Two versions are needed: one authorizing me to release information to your other providers, and one authorizing them to release information to me.
• UCLA Forms:
- Advance Directive
- Authorization for Release of Information
- Consent for psychotropic medications
- Email consent form
- Email policy
UCLA Health System
UCLA Health Information Management Services
10833 Le Conte Ave, CHS - Suite BH265 - 177620
Los Angeles, CA 90095
Phone Inquiries during business hours (M - F 8:00am-4:30pm): 310-825-6022
Voicemail after business hours & on weekends (4:30pm-8:00am): 310-825-6021
• Patient resources:
- NAMI: National Alliance on Mental Illness. Multiple resources for persons living with mental, emotional, or addictive illnesses and for their families and friends.
- APLA: AIDS Project Los Angeles. Among other things, support groups and opportunities for low-cost or free psychotherapy for persons living with HIV/AIDS.
- LAGLC: Los Angeles Gay & Lesbian Center. Free HIV testing, support groups, and other resources.
- Matrix Institue on Addictions. Evidence-based outpatient program for recovery from addiction.
- AA Los Angeles. Central office of Alcoholics Anonymous for Los Angeles. The original 12-step model. Free, anonymous, support groups for recovery from alcohol dependence.
- NA: Narcotics Anonymous for Southern California. Also Greater Los Angeles NA and Westside Los Angeles NA.
- UCLA Substance Abuse Pharmacotherapy Unit (UCLA SARx), has information on current research and opportunities for clinical trials relating to addiction.