Národopis: Czech and Slovak Ethnography Group
Národopis (Czech and Slovak for “ethnography”) is a list for anthropologists, sociologists, folklorists, and other social scientists interested in Slovakia and Czech Republic, as well as cultural historians working on the former Czechoslovakia. The site and list are especially aimed at ethnographers currently working in Czech and Slovak Republics or on Slovak and Czech topics, to allow discussion of practical and theoretical issues and networking among fieldworkers. The primary list languages are English, Czech, and Slovak. The list tends to be fairly quiet, but has been useful for circulating job and fellowship opportunities and for networking.
Members of this discussion group were major contributors to the special issue of Anthropology of East Europe Review on "Czechs, Slovaks, Roma, and Sorbs" in 2005, now available in expanded form as a book from ibidem-Verlag.
To subscribe, please visit our Yahoo! groups site at http://www.egroups.com/subscribe/narodopis
- Government, visa, and travel information
- Language resources and study programs
- Journals and Discussion Groups
- News, media & research resources
- University Departments and Funding
Ethnographers in the Czech Republic and Slovakia may also be interested in the following email discussion groups:
- FieldNetECE is a networking resource for researchers in the social sciences & history who are currently doing fieldwork or archival research in Eastern & Central Europe. FieldNetECE is a moderated list. To subscribe to FieldNetECE, contact the listowner at firstname.lastname@example.org
- H-SAE (the H-Net List for the Society for the Anthropology of Europe) at Michigan State University. H-NET sponsors multiple discussion lists for scholars in history and the humanities. Visit them for the H-Net Job Guide, and their many other projects & initiatives.