Professional Resources for Mental Health
The following are resources both nationally and in Los Angeles, primarily useful for psychiatrists and other mental health professionals.
HIV Psychiatry and LGBT Mental Health
- APA resources for HIV psychiatry
- AGLP: Association of Gay & Lesbian Psychiatrists. Includes professional networking, model curricula for LGBT mental health, and referrals to LGBT mental health providers.
Psychodynamic & Psychoanalytic Resources
- Department of Psychiatry, Semel Institute for Neuroscience and Human Behavior (NPI) at the David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA
- UCLA-NPI Psychiatry residency
- New Center for Psychoanalysis (NCP) is the successor to re-merger of the oldest psychoanalytic center in Southern California with one of its former scions. Many faculty and affiliates have an ego psychology or relational psychoanalytic orientation, but the program is officially eclectic and training covers a wide variety of psychoanalytic approaches. NCP offers a two-year certificate program in psychodynamic/psychoanalytic psychotherapy and a multi-year analytic training program.
- The Psychoanalytic Center of California (PCC) is the largely Kleinian-oriented psychoanalytic training center in Los Angeles. PCC offers both as a one-year certificate program in psychoanalytic psychotherapy (emphasizing Freud, Klein, and Bion) and a multi-year analytic training program.
- C. G. Jung Institute of Los Angeles offers training in Jungian (analytic) psychology, both as a one-year certificate program in psychotherapy and a multi-year analytic training program.